Vitamins and minerals are the organic and the inorganic elements which a body requires so as to prosper well and good. Vitamins are the organic materials obtained from the plants and animals whereas; minerals are the inorganic elemental material attained from the soil. The Minerals are acquired from the soil and water, and is indirectly fed to green plants while they make food through the process of photosynthesis. A larger amount of mineral contents is required by the body so as to grow healthy and stay fit.
Vitamins and Minerals- Their Basics
All of us are aware of the fact that vitamins and minerals are essential nutrients which a body requires. But, it is also a crucial aspect to know what all the different kinds and categories of vitamins and minerals are good in. Also, which food items are the power houses of what all vitamins? This is a big question, but you are at a right place! Here’s a list below to describe all the vitamins and minerals namely from Vitamin A to Vitamin Z; and the benefits served by them.
- Carrots and orange colored natural ingredients are rich in Vitamin A. These help in keeping the eyes healthy, help in powerful body growth and also keep the teeth strong and whitened.
- Bananas, Potatoes and all kinds of Peppers are a rich source of Vitamin B. These are a source of energy production in a human body.
- Oranges, Guavas, Grapefruits richly contain Vitamin C and are helpful in strengthening the blood vessels and providing skin a required elasticity.
- Eggs, Fishes and Mushrooms are rich in Vitamin D and are beneficial to have so as to strengthen the bones.
- Nuts and Sunflower seeds are a source of Vitamin E. This vitamin helps in blood circulation and protection of vessels from free radicals.
- Leafy green veggies like spinach, etc. are rich in Vitamin K. These help in Blood Coagulation.
- Folic acids: This helps in cell renewal and also prevents from unwanted birth defects during pregnancy. There are innumerable natural sources which are rich in Folic Acids. They are for instance, Beans, Peas, Citrus Fruits, Lentils, Seeds, Nuts and many more.
- Calcium: The best source of this mineral is the dairy products like cheese, milk, yogurt, tofu and black molasses. This very well-known mineral helps in solidification of bones and teeth.
- Iron: Clams, Oysters and the Organ meats are the sea foods rich in Iron. For the Vegetarians or the vegans, soybeans, cereals, pumpkin seeds, lentils and spinach top the category of iron rich foods. Iron contents help in building muscles naturally and also are beneficial in maintaining healthy blood and vessels.
- Zinc: Dark chocolates and sea foods are zinc rich and help in growth, immunity and fertility.
- Chromium: Herbs, whole grains and cereals are a richness of chromium. It is good for glucose functioning in the entire body frame and pumping energy to each and every cell when required.
The above listed vitamin and mineral rich foods are crucial to one’s body. These all need to be consumed in a required manner so that the physique jobs sound.